Monday, April 30, 2012

RaptureXML kind of slow

I've recently switched from TBXML to RaptureXML, and even though pulling in information is much easier, there is a noticeable delay when I tap the tab bar button containing my xml table view.



In my viewDidLoad method I have the following"



events = [[NSMutableArray alloc] init];

[self loadURL];


And my loadURL method is the following:



- (void)loadURL {

RXMLElement *rootXML = [RXMLElement elementFromURL:[NSURL URLWithString:@"http://api.somexml.com/xml"]];

[rootXML iterateWithRootXPath:@"//event" usingBlock:^(RXMLElement *event) {
[events addObject:[NSArray arrayWithObjects:
[event attribute:@"uri"],
[event attribute:@"displayName"],
[event attribute:@"type"],
nil]];
}];

[rootXML iterateWithRootXPath:@"//location" usingBlock: ^(RXMLElement *location) {
[events addObject:[NSArray arrayWithObjects:
[location attribute:@"city"],
[location attribute:@"lat"],
[location attribute:@"lng"],
nil]];
}];

[rootXML iterateWithRootXPath:@"//start" usingBlock:^(RXMLElement *start) {
[events addObject:[NSArray arrayWithObjects:
[start attribute:@"time"],
[start attribute:@"date"],
nil]];
}];



}


Is there something I can do to speed it up? Also when I assign my row count as [events count] I'm getting 19 rows when I should only get 6. Please help.





No comments:

Post a Comment